Last modified 1 October 2018
We are App Quizzes, an independent games / quiz developer based in the UK. We have a few apps in the Google Play Store.
The production of apps started as a hobby, but after a series of good reviews, the number of people downloading our apps has increased significantly.
- App Quizzes takes data protection seriously
- We do not hold any personal information about our app users other than when you contact us directly via email with a question or feedback about our apps. On these occasions, we will hold your contact details (the email address you have used to contact us) until such time as we have responded. We then delete these contact details.
- We respect your privacy rights as an individual
- We are happy to discuss privacy matters with you
App Distribution Via Google Play Store
Our apps are distributed through Google Play Store. As part of the distribution agreement with Google Play Store, the developer (App Quizzes) can view information through the ‘Developer Console’ related to installs of the app by the following metrics:
- Country (e.g. United States)
- Device Manufacturer and Model (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S8)
- Device Android Version (e.g. Oreo 8.0)
- Language (e.g. English)
- App version (e.g. Classic Rock Quiz v3.2)
The information available to us via the Google Developer Console is not personalised in any way and therefore does not infringe on the personal privacy of users.
In-App Advertising Provided by a Third-Party
Our free apps generate income through the display of advertising content. We have chosen to use a third-party advert provider called AdMob (a Google company) to display full screen advertising at appropriate breaks in game play.
Below is a short statement taken from the AdMob support pages to demonstrate how AdMob use your data to provide more relevant advertising:
AdMob Support Pages:
“Google may use the advertising ID from the device on which the ad is serving to generate interests and demographics (for example, ‘sports enthusiasts’). Interests, demographics, and other data may be used to serve better targeted ads to the user.
To complement personalised advertising (formerly known as interest-based advertising), Ads Settings lets users view and edit their interests and demographics. Some users may choose to opt out of personalised ads.”
Last updated: 23 January 2018
To be clear though, App Quizzes do not receive, use or store any of the data from your advertising ID. It is collected by Google and used to provide targeted ads via their subsidiary AdMob.
You may find that targeted ads are more relevant or useful to you. Alternatively, you may find targeted ads a bit creepy and not at all rock ‘n’ roll. If the latter is true, then below is a quick method for disabling the display of targeted ads on Android devices (for all apps):
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Android device (cog icon)
- Scroll to the Google option
- Select ‘Ads’
- Enable the ‘Opt out of Ads Personalization’ option
Ads will still be displayed, but they won’t be personalized (or targeted) ads.
Note: depending on your device, you might find the ‘Google’ option (referenced in part 2 above) on the main Settings screen or hidden away somewhere else. You can use the search bar in Settings section if you are having trouble locating the desired settings.
In addition, you will notice there is a ‘Reset Advertising ID’ option. Tap this button to remove all the data which has been already collected by Google from your apps and Internet usage. Old information relating to your Google browsing will be cleared, and any future browsing will be under a new advertising ID.